Dear adventurous agave lovers. Maguey maniacs. Metl heads. You know who you are. I’ve been thinking of reasons to tell you why you should join our new agave club. I started writing them many times only to delete them again. Then I realized I couldn’t explain things without drinking a bit of mezcal while I wrote. That helped a little, but more importantly it led me to realize the problem I was having. There are TOO MANY reasons for you to join, and I don’t even know where to start.
Having recently made the journey to Oaxaca to explore the world of mezcal, I can tell you that the most exciting spirit you should be drinking right now is definitely not made from corn. While all your friends are searching the world for precious bottles of Pappy, you could be drinking a Tepeztate made from an agave plant aged for 30 years and distilled in clay pots. Or perhaps this winter you’ll be drinking an extra anejo made with organic blue agave and aged in ex-wine barrels. Either way, you’ll be sipping a craft spirit shaped by hundreds of years of history and by knowledge passed on for generations. You’ll be spouting words like Karwinski and Barril.
-Nat Harry, Cask Spirits Buyer
Here’s what you can look forward to as a club member:
A carefully curated selection of artisanally produced agave spirits with an effort to focus on sustainability, both in terms of the plants themselves and the people who make them.
- Bi-monthly release, 6 bottles per year
- Mezcal, tequila, sotol, and beyond
- Tasting notes and information on each release
- Small, sustainable producers
- Cask exclusive bottlings when available
- Club members receive their bottles at a 10% discount, with opportunity to purchase an additional discounted bottle, subject to availability
- Price cap at $145
- Personalized bottles
- Emails to inform when limited-release, hard-to-find products arrive
Sign up now! - One bottle every other month, not to exceed $145 per shipment